Careers at County Line Orchard
Caramel Apple Bakery Staff
Greeter Information Stand
Kettle Corn Operator
Kids Farm Staff
Party Village Staff
Retail Barn Staff
Welcome Shed Tickets
County Line Orchard Team Leader Responsibilities:
- Assist customers with their needs and demonstrate concern; master “suggestive selling”
- Account for department inventory and cash (if applicable)
- Maintain relationships with customers, associates, and vendors, treating all fairly and with respect
- Efficiently execute the Company’s Mission/Vision statement, corporate strategy, goals, and objectives
- Foster a work environment where good performance is recognized and rewarded
- Enforce Company rules, procedures, and policies at all times
- Ensure all shifts are covered to meet business needs; communicate with other departments for help with coverage
- Complete weekly schedule and submit to HR in a timely manner
- Handle and act on all disciplinary issues/areas of concern according to Company standards
- Ensure the preparation and delivery of quality food products (if applicable)
- Maintain general appearance and cleanliness of department premises; delegate duties as needed
- Effectively lead, train, motivate, and develop team members and hold them accountable
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all customers and associates; immediately follow proper incident reporting procedures and contact HR
- Ensure timely completion of necessary documentation, including customer and employee incident reports, absentee forms, and status change forms
- Attend weekly Team Leader meetings
- Responsible for the overall functioning of the department
- Portray a positive attitude and great work habits at all times
- Self-motivated; dependable
- Strong customer service skills
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Stand for long periods of time, up to 10 hours
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining 100% customer focus
- Work as a team player
- Basic mathematics skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Leadership skills, including strong communication skills, problem solving, time management, conflict resolution, and ability to build strong teams through cross-training and development of staff
- Management experience
- Customer service experience
- Retail background
Must have open availability, including weekends. The Team Leader position is a seasonal, hourly position that does not include overtime pay after 40 hours. For Team Leaders who qualify based on punctuality and attendance, there is a productivity bonus paid at the end of the season.
Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
Care for grounds by mulching, weeding, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
Gather and remove litter.
Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees.
Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, parking lots, planters, or other grounds features.
Lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly.
Valid Drivers License.
Must be able to read measurements properly.
Knowledge of different fertilizers and pesticides.
Able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Experience working in a grounds-keeping setting.
Experience with heavey machinery.
Work as a team player.
Have open availability; including the ability to work multiple shifts in one day.
Must have reliable transportation.
High School Diploma or equivalent .
Ability to work safely and must be able to respond to emergencies accordingly and responsibly